Adverse Weather Closure
Emergency Closure Plan 2016-17
The decision to shut the school is a serious one and the need is usually related to poor weather conditions. In such a situation the decision is based upon answers to the following questions:
- Is the school site safe for:
- Motor vehicles
- Will the buses be able to run through the villages?
- Can sufficient staff safely get to school for the school to be able to open?
- What advice have we been given by:
- National weather organisations
When the Headteacher makes the decision to close the school the information is placed on the school website. It is also:
- posted on the school’s social media sites – facebook and twitter
- sent out via Parentmail
- sent to OCC – who will put the information on their website
- sent to Jack FM, Heart FM, Radio Oxford – who will broadcast the closure at regular intervals
The school reception may not be manned under these circumstances.