Parent Teacher Association
The Parent Teacher Association exists to:
- develop more extended relationships between staff, parents and others.
- engage in activities which support the school and advance the education of the students.
- provide and assist in the provision of such facilities or items for education not provided from statutory funds. These items are selected by the Committee in consultation with members of the Governing Body.
‘The existing committee is moving on and there are immediate vacancies for Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and 200 Club Members. We have a solid core of keen helpers but are in need of key committee members with a new vision to take the PTA forward. All parents with children at Burford School are automatically members of the PTA and we welcome all support and offers of expertise. We look forward to hearing from you (firstname.lastname@example.org) and seeing you at our next meeting which is on Thursday 23 February at 7.00pm in the Library.
Who are we?
We are a lively, friendly group of parents with children in a range of year groups. Some members have more time than others to give to the PTA but all contributions of help are appreciated, from serving refreshments at events to sitting in a position of responsibility on the committee.
What do we do?
The PTA hold meetings twice a term in the School Library enabling parents to be actively involved in the school community. We organise fundraising, creating an opportunity for parents to provide additional resources for the school from new sports equipment, books or kindles for the library, to larger items, such as a new school minibus.
Members also help out at the many events social events throughout the year, by providing refreshments.
- Come to a meeting and find out more. Meetings are held once or twice a term at 7.00pm in the Library. Forthcoming dates for meetings are:
- Thursday 23 February 2017
- Thursday 9 March 2107
- Thursday 18 May 2017
- Thursday 22 June 2017
- Help out at a school event. We serve refreshments at most school events and are always glad to have help. Helping on ad ad hoc basis is welcome and especially easy if you’re attending the event yourself anyway.
- Join the 200 Club and win a prize!
The 200 Club
The 200 club is a monthly prize draw for three prizes; £50, £30 and £20 – all for just £2 a month! Any profit after the prizes are paid out goes towards PTA fundraising efforts for the school.
Who can join?
Any parent, family member or friend- up to a total of 200. This ensures the chances of winning are kept high.
Annual membership – £24
How to sign up
Contact the PTA at email@example.com and we will send you the relevant forms to complete and return.