‘The Headteacher is tenacious in her pursuit of excellence for every student’
‘Students make good progress overall because of consistently good teaching’ Ofsted 2014
With 31 ‘A’ level and Level 3 courses we offer a broad curriculum to suit all needs, interests and aspirations and have a proven track record of outstanding academic success.
The programme for Gifted and Talented challenges students intellectually. There is a programme of support in place within the Sixth Form, including the study of Critical Thinking to AS level, inspiring them to aim high. All students have the possibility to study one subject from:
- AS General Studies
- The Extended Project Qualification, in a topic of their choice.
- The Young Enterprise Scheme
- Community Sports Leader Award
The combination of subjects studied in Year 12 varies according to each student.
- Most students study three subjects either ‘A’ Levels or a combination of ‘A’ Levels and BTEC/L3 Diplomas, plus one course from the Extended Curriculum… etc etc.
- Some students, who have achieved outstanding GCSE grades, may decide to study four subjects.
The following subjects are taught in the Sixth Form.
- Art, Craft and Design
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Design and Technology – Fashion and Textiles
- Design and Technology – Product Design
- Drama & Theatre Studies
- English Language & Literature
- English Literature
- Food Science & Nutrition
- Health & Social Care
- Further Maths
- Media Arts
- Physical Education
- RE: Philosophy and Ethics
The relevant subjects under the Curriculum heading give more detail about the different departments. Detail about the exam content at ‘A’ Level are available in the Sixth Form Prospectus.