Applying for a Boarding Place
The boarding provision is welcoming and feels homely. Students appear relaxed and happy.Boarding Ofsted 2018
The Boarding Admissions
- For initial enquiries or to receive further information regarding boarding at Burford School please call 01993 823283. For email enquiries contact the Boarding Department directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Should you wish to continue with your application please take a look at our: Admissions Policy 2019-2020 Day and Boarding.
- complete and return the Boarding Application Form.
- include a copy of your child’s UK or EU passport.
- include a copy of their most recent school report.
- NB: Those applying for a place in the Sixth Form are also required to return their completed Sixth Form Application Form to the Boarding Department at this point.
- We will then contact your child’s current school with a reference request.
- Prospective parents and children are invited to visit, during term time, to see the school in action, look around the boarding house and meet staff and students. (We understand that this can sometimes be difficult for overseas candidates.)
- Following your visit the Head of Boarding will let you know if we are able to offer you a boarding place.
NB: If you are successful, this automatically guarantees your child a place in Burford School.
Burford School aims to encourage applications from candidates with as diverse a range of backgrounds as possible. We are also committed to equal treatment for all, regardless of a prospective pupils’ race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or social background. We do not discriminate in any way regarding entry. Most siblings join us, although admission is not automatic, and there may be occasions where we judge that a sibling is likely to thrive better in a different academic environment.
We welcome pupils with special educational needs, and/or with physical disabilities. However, we advise parents of children with special educational needs or physical disabilities to discuss their child’s requirements with us before they are assessed in order that we can make adequate provision for them. Parents should provide a copy of an Educational Psychologist’s report or a medical report to support their request, for example for extra time or other special arrangements.
We welcome overseas students provided that they have a relative or host family living in the UK with whom they can stay when necessary. In order to cope with the academic and social demands of life in a boarding house, students must be confident English speakers. Tuition in English as an Additional Language (EAL) can be arranged at the parents’ expense.
Although the boarding houses have Christian roots, we do not select for entry on the basis of religious belief, and we offer the opportunity for all pupils to practice their own faiths.
Last-minute and mid-year vacancies do occur from time to time so please contact us by selecting Boarding from the drop down menu on the contact form or call us on +44 (0)1993 823283 if you are looking for a late place.