Key Stage 4 Options
Year 9 Options
This is the start of a very important stage in your son or daughter’s education. At the end of Year 9 students choose which subjects and courses they wish to study in Years 10 and 11, and gain qualifications in.
It is essential that students select the most appropriate subjects and courses. Not only should students follow a pathway that contains subjects they enjoy and are most interested in, but they should also opt for the most appropriate subjects to give them a broad and balanced curriculum.
The Options Process
- Options Booklets are distributed to all Year 9 student together with the Initial Choices Form.
- At our Year 9 Parent Information Evening in February, the whole options process is explained including the subjects and courses that can be chosen.
There have been a of number of changes made recently in secondary education with regard to examinations and curriculum, and the Options Evening helps parents to understand these changes and the ways in which we support students to navigate the most appropriate route through them.
- Following the Options Evening all option requests are timetabled. Occasionally one or two students select combinations which cannot be accommodated and alternatives are discussed on an individual basis.
- A Final Choices Form is given to students to allow for any changes.
- Confirmation of choices is provided to students by late March.
Should you have any queries regarding the options process please contact Mr D Pullin – email@example.com