The Learning Zone offers personalised learning to enable all students to reach their full potential.
Mr S Bassett: email@example.com is Head of the Learning Zone and is also responsible for EAL, Pupil Premium, ‘Catch Up’ and Interventions.
Key contacts within the department are:
Miss G Nielsen firstname.lastname@example.org – Gifted and Talented Co-ordinator
Mrs G Hudson email@example.com Head of the Special Educational Needs team.
In the Learning Zone gifted and talented students are prepared for a path towards Oxbridge. Outstanding provision is made for students with additional needs. Tailor made curriculums are provided to engage every student in their learning journey and ensure they fulfil their potential.
Students who benefit from the Learning Zone are those:
- eligible for ‘Catch Up’ Premium who did not reach the expected level in Literacy and Numeracy at Key Stage 2 SATs tests
- who have English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- with Special Educational Needs
- eligible for Pupil Premium Funding
- who are gifted and talented
To ensure that all of students within the Learning Zone reach their potential, a variety of Interventions are run to either stretch or support them. Each Intervention has a clear entry and exit criteria to ensure that the correct students are involved and that good progress is made.
- In Year 7, Literacy and Numeracy support is given to students who did not reach he expected level in their Key Stage 2 SATs tests (‘Catch Up’ Students).
- EAL students receive targeted support to ensure they can access all areas of the curriculum and develop Reading, Writing and Language skills.
- Students with Special Educational Needs receive additional support enabling them to access all areas of the curriculum and acquire the reading and writing skills necessary to complete external exams and so reduce the need for exam concessions.
- Students eligible for Pupil Premium gain targeted support within all areas of the curriculum (if needed) to ensure that they make good progress across their best eight subjects.
- Gifted and Talented students receive additional support to stretch and develop their skills, raising future aspirations and opening up new pathways.