Free School Meals Post 16
FREE SCHOOL MEALS POST 16
Students who think they qualify for Free School Meals should apply for them, whether they want to take up the free meal offer or not. Free School Meals eligibility automatically qualifies a student for our Sixth Form Maintenance Bursary and is also a measure used by many universities, both during the selection process, and also in relation to their bursaries and fee reduction programmes.
Free school meals are offered to students whose parents receive:
- Income Support
- income based Employment & Support Allowance
- income based Jobseekers Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit provided your annual income as assessed by the Inland Revenue does not exceed £16,190 and provided that Working Tax Credit is not included.
We are not allowed to recognise any other benefit other than those mentioned above.
How to apply
Mrs Marshall: email@example.com Attendance Officer in Reception (01993 825344) is responsible for handling applications for free school meals. Applicants should complete the form on the Sixth Form Documents & Forms page and return it to Mrs Marshall, together with proof of benefit so that the school can assess eligibility. An original of the following is required to establish proof of benefit (a bank statement or photocopies is insufficient).
- Income Support – letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)/Jobcentre Plus dated within one month of application showing breakdown of income support payment.
- Income Based Employment & Support Allowance – letter from DWP/Jobcentre Plus dated within one month of application.
- Child Tax Credit (without Working Tax Credit and ‘annual income as assessed by the Inland Revenue’ of below the threshold figure for the year) – All pages of the TC602 Inland Revenue tax credit award notice for the current tax year.
- State pension credit – Pension Credit M1000 Award Notice.