Adverse Weather Closure
Emergency Closure Plan 2019-20
The decision to shut the school is a serious one and the need is usually related to poor weather conditions. In such a situation the decision is based upon answers to the following questions:
- Is the school site safe for:
- Motor vehicles
- Will the buses be able to run through the villages?
- Can sufficient staff safely get to school for the school to be able to open?
- What advice have we been given by:
- National weather organisations
As soon as the Headteacher makes the decision to close the school the information is placed on the homepage of the school website. It is also:
- posted on the school’s social media sites – Facebook and Twitter
- sent out via Parentmail (please make sure you are registered)
- sent to OCC – who will put the information on their website
- sent to Jack FM, Heart FM, Radio Oxford – who will broadcast the closure at regular intervals.
- sent to the Oxford Mail who will list it on the online version of the paper.
The school reception may not be manned under these circumstances.