Parent Teacher Association
The Parent Teacher Association exists to:
- develop more extended relationships between staff, parents and others.
- engage in activities which support the school and advance the education of the students.
- provide and assist in the provision of such facilities or items for education not provided from statutory funds. These items are selected by the Committee in consultation with members of the Governing Body.
The PTA has recently been fortunate to receive a great response to our recruitment drive to gain more members and as a result we now have a new committee. The PTA tries to raise funds for the extras that the school would find difficult to provide. In recent years, we have provided money for the jumps and rosettes at the school’s equestrian day, bought rabbit hutches for the acre, and held a bar to support events at various music events to raise money for the school’s Music Department. Our next commitment is to run the bar at the Burford School Associations first reunion for former staff and students on 23 September.
We see our role as threefold, firstly, we aim to raise money for the school. As school budgets continue to be cut, this is something that will become more important. We hope to help provide those little extras for the students that the government does not. Secondly, we hope to support school events such as providing the bars at the various music and drama events such as Oliver and finally, we hope to provide a social element by providing our own events for both children and adults. It is also an excellent way of bringing groups of parents together to find out more about what has been going on in school.
Over the next few months, we hope to move the PTA forward with those aims in mind. We will continue to support school events, but will also be looking to find out what sort of things parents would like to see happening, whether that is organising social events for parents, events and activities for the students, or more ongoing fundraising activities such as further second hand uniform sales.
We also have a 200 club which parents can join and we would encourage you to get involved and help out with this. If you have some ideas for us to take forward, you are interested in finding out more about the PTA, joining the 200 club or you have any questions, then do please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Burford is a wonderful school and we hope to support the school in providing the best educational opportunities for our children. We appreciate your continued support, so we can ensure all our children benefit from the opportunities available to them.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at one of our forthcoming meetings in the School Library.
- Come to a meeting and find out more. Meetings are held once or twice a term at 7.00pm in the Library. Our next meeting, which is our AGM will be held on: Thursday 26 April 2018.
- Help out at a school event. We serve refreshments at most school events and are always glad to have help. Helping on ad ad hoc basis is welcome and especially easy if you’re attending the event yourself anyway.
- Join the 200 Club and win a prize!
The 200 club is a monthly prize draw for three prizes; £50, £30 and £20 – all for just £2 a month! Any profit after the prizes are paid out goes towards PTA fundraising efforts for the school.
Who can join?
Any parent, family member or friend- up to a total of 200. This ensures the chances of winning are kept high.
Annual membership – £24
How to sign up