Parent Teacher Association
- To develop more extended relationships between staff, parents and others.
- To engage in activities which support the school and advance the education of the students.
- To provide and assist in the provision of such facilities or items for education not provided from statutory funds. These items are selected by the Committee in consultation with members of the Governing Body.
We are a dynamic group of staff and parents who work together to raise funds for the extras that the school would find difficult to provide but which enrich the lives and experiences of the students. In recent years, we have provided money for the jumps and rosettes at the school’s Equestrian Day, bought rabbit hutches for The Acre, and helped to fund some of the costs associated with the school’s well regarded and much enjoyed music performances.
- Our Meetings
All parents/guardians and staff are welcome at our meetings. These are a good way of finding out more about what we do. Meetings are held once or twice a term at 7.00pm in the School Library.
- We are currently beginning to think about a PTA event to celebrate the 450th anniversary of the school, which takes place next year, so do join us to plan this exciting event.
How can you support the PTA?
First of all, by
- buying raffle tickets and refreshments at school events
- donating to our collection of raffle prizes
- using easyfundraising to raise funds (See below for more details.)
- using our school code when ordering a Riverford Veg Box and sharing the code with family and friends (See below for more details.)
- helping out in a practical way with the bar at school events
- attending PTA meetings to share ideas
- joining the PTA committee
- Bar/Refreshments Team
You may wish to join our bar/refreshments team. We run a bar at many events throughout the year, checking and purchasing stock, setting up, serving and packing away. The more volunteers we have, the less commitment you need to make. We are happy to have help at all or part of an event and one-off help is also appreciated. Lots of support and guidance is provided and there is no expectation to get involved in committee work aswell, unless you want to!
Of course, you may have lots of great ideas and would prefer to get stuck into the organisation of events and activities and some of the “behind the scenes” work of the PTA, in which case the committee might appeal to you. We meet once or twice a term and although everyone is welcome to come to any meeting, we are grateful for those who feel they can regularly contribute and lead on specific activities and events or take on an officer role (Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Clerk, 200 Club Administrator, Publicity).
Help us fundraise
Part of our aim is to raise funds for the school for the benefit of our children. Easyfundraising is one way in which we would like to do this. Easyfundraising has raised around £30m so far for schools and charities and is an effortless way for all parents and guardians to help raise money.
Easyfundraising is an exceptional opportunity to raise funds for the school at no cost to you. Simply shop online via https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/burfordschoolpta-oxfordshire/ and the retailers will make a small donation to the school for each purchase made. The PTA committee will then allocate funds raised to any of the various projects it has committed to during the year.
Eating more fruit & veg? Fundraise through the Riverford Veg Fund
Every Riverford box is bursting with fresh, seasonal, 100% organic produce, delivered free to your door. If you, or your friends and family, sign up to try a regular box, using the school code SCH1217, the Riverford Veg Fund will donate £25 to the school after your third delivery.
Prizes to be won for just £2 a month!
The 200 Club is a monthly prize draw with 50% of the income* awarded between two winners – all for just £2 a month! Any profit after the prizes are paid out goes towards PTA fundraising efforts for the school. (* after expenses deducted).
Any staff member, parent/carer, family member or friend – up to a total of 200 people can sign up. This ensures the chances of winning are kept high. A copy of the 200 Club Rules is available. Annual membership is £24 and you can sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the 200 Club and win a prize! 200 Club Membership Application Form
Contacting the PTA
We would love to hear from you with any ideas you might have or if you are interested in finding out more about the PTA or getting involved. Please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any specific queries about the 200 club, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Burford School PTA and we look forward to seeing you soon.