Term 6: Year 11 & 13 Activities
Term 6 Arrangements for Year 11 and 13 – Monday 7 June – Friday 25 June 2021
As stated in the recent Parentmail from Mrs Haig, the government has acknowledged that due to the summer 2021 assessment approach, work completed by Year 11 and 13 students after May half term will not contribute to their final grades. However, the official leaving date for all Year 11 and 13 students nationwide will legally remain Friday 25 June 2021.
The government has instructed schools to ensure that the three week period between the end of May half term, (7 June) and the 25 June is used appropriately for students to maximise their progression. Therefore, our Year 11 and 13 students will not need to return to school after the May half term and will instead switch to a package of remote activities, unless they need to catch up on any missed assessments; these would take place during the week commencing Monday 7 June.
The aim of the activities is to help students with their next steps, whether that be Sixth Form at Burford or further study or employment.
The activities will be supported by school and will allow students free choice of all of the activities supplied; however:
- The bridging work from GCSE to A-level for students wishing to remain at Burford will be used in the autumn term once students have started on their courses; they must bring this work to their first lesson in September.
- All Year 11 and 13 students are able to book one-to-one careers sessions with our Careers Leader, Mrs Haines (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Any students requiring a laptop to complete any of the activities are able to borrow one from school for the three week period and must contact Mr Bassett at: (email@example.com)
- The school remains available for all students until the 25 June and students may contact their form tutors or heads of year for any support or guidance needed.
Please click on the link below to view the activities that are available for students to complete from Tuesday 8 June, with clear instructions and subject or teacher contacts where needed for support.
Activities for Year 11 & 13: Bridging Work
- Britain & the Slave Trade in the 18th Century
- The Industrial Revolution Podcast
- The Consequence of The Industrial Revolution
- Class in the 18th Century
- Religion in the 19th Century
- The 18th Century Town