‘The Headteacher is tenacious in her pursuit of excellence for every student’
‘Students make good progress overall because of consistently good teaching’ Ofsted 2014
With twenty-five A-level and Level 3 courses, we offer a broad curriculum to suit all needs, interests and aspirations and have a proven track record of outstanding academic success.
The programme for Gifted and Talented challenges students intellectually inspiring them to aim high.
The Extended Curriculum is a compulsory element within the Sixth Form. All students in Year 12 study one or more option from the following:
- Cambridge IELTS (For those whose first language is other than English)
- Level 2 Community Sports Leader Award
- Level 3 Core Mathematics
- AS Ancient History
- AS Extended Project Qualification.
- AS Further Mathematics
- Young Enterprise
The combination of subjects studied in Year 12 varies according to each student.
- Most students study three subjects either A-levels or a combination of A-levels and BTEC/L3 Diplomas, plus one course from the Extended Curriculum.
- Some students, who have achieved outstanding GCSE grades, may decide to study four subjects.
The following subjects are currently taught in the Sixth Form. Please refer to our Options Grid when making your choices. There are slight variations in the offer of subjects available each year.
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Design and Technology – Product Design
- Drama & Theatre Studies
- English Language & Literature
- English Literature
- Health & Social Care
- Further Mathematics
- Media Arts
The relevant subjects under the Curriculum heading give more detail about the different departments. Details about the exam content at A -level are available in the Sixth Form Prospectus.